2016 Move for a Better Future
Move for a Better Future
What if your morning run, afternoon walk, weekend bike ride, evening ballroom dance class or after-work pick-up game of basketball could raise money to help rural families struggling from poverty in Nicaragua get clean water, electricity and fuel-efficient ovens for the very first time? And what if, by asking your friends and family to join you, you could raise even more money and bring life-changing improvements – the kind we take for granted every day – to these villages?
You’d say, “where do I sign up?” right?
Then get ready to participate in EOS International’s “Move For a Better Future 2016 Campaign!”
Our collective goal is to raise $15,000 by November 1, 2016. Together, we know we can do it!
Just participate in the activities you do regularly – or even set a goal for yourself – and then reach out to your circle of friends, family and co-workers to sponsor you and help raise much needed dollars that will help build a better future for communities in Nicaragua.
It’s that simple. All we ask is that you share your commitment and inspiration with your friends and family and raise a minimum of $500 in the process.
The challenge runs through November 1, 2016. Here’s all you need to do:
- Ask your friends, family, colleagues to sponsor you – for each mile you run/walk, every lap you swim, each tennis ball you hit, every block the dog and you traverse
- Raise a minimum of $500 (and we hope a lot more)
- Participate in your favorite activity and track your progress, stories, etc. at: connect.clickandpledge.com/Organization/eosintl/campaign/2016MFABF
- Encourage people to take the challenge with you – the more people, the bigger the impact!
- Post photos, stories, fundraising goals on your Facebook page, tweet about it, put up photos on Instagram, send emails – so that your supporters can keep track of your progress
- Spread the word about the great work EOS International is doing in Nicaragua
- Keep up with MFABF’s progress – including tips, inspirational stories, and more — by liking EOS International’s Facebook page
And we know you wonder what we’ll do with those $15,000 Here’s a short list:
- Provide 50 water purification systems to bring clean water to as many as 50,000 people in remote Nicaraguan towns, which will help reduce water-borne illnesses dramatically
- Bring electricity to 25 families. For the first time ever.
- Build 74 energy efficient community ovens that reduce air pollution and enable communities to bake and sell bread, in turn putting people to work, reducing crime, and generating income.
Did you realize your $500 when combined with 29 other friends of EOS could make such a difference? It can and it does—and all you have to do, is get out there and do it! Now! So come join us and Move For a Better Future 2016. Together we can make a huge impact in the lives of thousands of rural families living in poverty in Nicaragua.
Contact EOS Development Director Lisa Cook for your complete Move to a Better Future packet and instructions.